In short, the success of AREED model is attributable primarily to the following combination of factors:
- Highly motivated entrepreneurs with a good business model, vision and determination to succeed.
- Dedication, capacity and technical support of AREED country partners working in close collaboration with Banks, MFI’s (microfinance institutions) to deliver high quality business development services.
- A large potential market to tap
- Ability of the entrepreneur to communicate with rural people, cultivate and retain the trust of individual households, and develop innovative marketing and sales skills.
- Access to start-up capital.